Saturday, December 28, 2013

Untolerable Sorrow!

10.30 am. I had to get ready for my wife's funeral. If she would have been present at this moment. 
"Honey how would you like your eggs?" She would have asked from the kitchen. And half awake I would have answered "No eggs today please. Make some pancakes". She would have made it, I knew it and would have paired it up with my favorite black coffee. Such is the beauty of a long lasting relationship.
12.00 noon. Driving feels like a long drag when you have to go such demising event. As more and more I get close to the destination. I quickly smile remembering the pizza joint where we celebrated our 50th anniversary & did a small dance with our friends and owners of the joint. We surely dint understand how time passed and having some fine wine just makes the conversations longer. I saw the joint closed. I knew they must have reached by now n the funeral.
12.30 pm. Seeing the number of people who had attended was really shocking. I dint know she could have touched so many lives, profoundly. After my small speech. Well it was a long speech but my tears made it short. My heart cried louder as more and more people started giving short speeches how she had helped them,how she took care of their children when they were busy. My daughter besides me cried in a hoarse voice. I thought she might have remembered them. I side hugged my daughter because shes the only beautiful lady now in my life to look up to. It took 6 hours for the funeral to end. It was the longest funeral I had ever attended. After hours of everyone's speeches. I personally went up to everyone,hugged them and thanked them for coming. I could see the same intensity of the sorrow in each pair of eyes and unknowingly I wept with them.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

---------
Insight :
This time your entry must contain a word in all its three degrees of comparison.This is what BlogAdda told the bloggers this weekend for the WOW.
--------

No comments:

Post a Comment